Tonight as I was making dinner and cleaning up a bathroom that Chase had just peed in I hear this big CRASH. I come running into the boys bedroom where the boys are screaming and crying and I see Chase's dresser crashed down on the floor. Along with the plant, lamp and piggy bank that sits on top of the dresser. My biggest fear that the dressers would come over on the boys had come true. Thank God, that they didn't get hurt but boy they were scared. They were standing on the other side of the room I just grabbed them and made sure they were okay (which for sure they were). After calming down, Chase told me that he was trying to get underwear, which is in the top drawer. I don't know where Cody was when Chase was on the dresser or how Chase got off of it before it crashed but I sure glad he did.
I have now moved the underwear to another drawer that he can reach. We even have the dresser wall mounts but they are up in the boys closet, doing a lot of good. That is a good project for this weekend.
On the other hand, Cody I think is feeling better enough that I am going to send him back to school. He went to work with me today and he did exceptionally well. He played and was no problem. He even took a 2 hour nap.
6 days ago


6 comments:
that was one of my fears too. what a scary thing for you all. I'm glad they are ok, and you too, mommy!!! hugs all around!!!
So glad to hear that they didn't get hurt. and i'm happy to hear that the boys are feeling better as well. i found you because Tami showed me your page and Amy's page. so add me so you can follow my blog. and periodically see the family. Miss you guys and hope to talk to you again soon.
Oh my! Scary Scary! Get those anchors up this weekend and I will do the same! I am so glad the boys are ok. Nice talking to you today.
Dressers have always been a fear of mine. When we put the twins into their own rooms last spring, we got them each new dressers and changing tables for their rooms and didn't wall mount either one (in our closets too lol!). Girl twin climbs her changing table constantly so we put it into her closet and closed the closet doors. One morning I couldn't find her, wasn't in her crib (climbs out constantly), wasn't sleeping on the rug or in her chair, she was inside the closet on the top of the changing table sleeping and closed the door behind her. That was sooo scary!
Their dressers are very low to the ground but she's managed to knock it over- luckily didn't get hurt but you'd think by now we'd mount them to the wall, but I can't because I JUST painted the walls.
Oh my gosh! That has been my big fear too. But like your anchors, mine too doing a lot of good in a drawer. I am so glad they didn't get hurt.
O my goodness. How scary! I am glad they are OK.
Post a Comment