Thursday, July 24, 2008

Chase's 1st Conversation

Chase and I had a real conversation on Tuesday night and this is how it went. I thought it was very cute that he has so many words now that he can have a conversation.

Preface: We had to park up the street on Tuesday and walk to the house because they had just resealed the street and we couldn't drive on it. On the way to the house, Chase fell down and skinned his knee. Nothing big just a minor scrap, he was still able to make it home.

Later that night sitting in his room this is what we talked about his injury.

Chase: An Owee (pointing to the scrap)
Me: Yes, you fell down
Chase: An Owee, walking, street
Me: You fell down in the street and hurt your knee? Are you going to be okay?
Chase: Yeah
Me: Do you need me too kiss your Owee?
Chase Yeah, fell down walking, street
Me: (Lean over and kiss Owee) Is that better?
Chase: No hurt Owee walking
Me: Do you need medicine on your knee?
Chase: Yeah medicine better knee.

I later put some ointment on it. And he is going to survive. But I thought that was a great 1st conversation.


Also on Wednesday night, Steve called on his way home and I let Chase "talk" to daddy. He actually said hello and good into the phone. That was the first time that he just didn't look at the phone and want to push buttons. Cody still just wants to push buttons!!


Cody is also doing very well with his words. Everyday he will say something else. When Cody has his first conversation I will post that also. I am hoping that it is soon.

Oh and also a sleeping update. Cody for the past 4 nights has woke up. He is very fussy and just not happy sleeping in his room. He wants to cuddle and be held. He has ended up in our bed for those 3 of those nights. About a 1 hour later he is ready to go back to his bed. I am hoping that this is a phase that will pass. Chase has slept all of these nights. He has made some noise but he is able to put himself right back to sleep. He is awake though between 5:30am and 6:00am ready for his day to begin!!

No comments: