Monday, May 17, 2010

Makes My Monday / Mommy and Me

We had one busy weekend. We started Saturday morning, with a carnival at boys school/church. It was a fundraiser/open house for the church.
What fun we had. Chase and Cody's best friend, Jacob, was there also. They jumped in the bouce house for a long time and boy did they have fun. I captured a few cute picture also...
Cody
Chase
They also had a lot of fun games, including miniture golf, fishing, duck races with plastic ducks, ring toss, bean bag toss and a few more. The boys were really enjoying themselves. The music was a little loud...but it was a fun time.
They won a bunch of prizes, ate cotton candy (something I don't ever let them do),and have a sucker within an hour of each other!!
After we left the carnival we went to get some lunch and head over the the Jr. Fair auction in Lakeside. We have visited every year and every year it is great. The kids put on a wonderful show and auction. Cousin Tatum was at the fair also and the boys were so excited!
We alwyas buy at least a steer for butchering and sometimes a pig. This year we thought we would do something different and buy a smaller steer and raise it for about 10 months and then butcher it. So we actually ended up with two steers...this one above renamed Goose. And the one below named Maverick. Goose will be with us only a short time about 2 months we are estimating...Maverick more like 10 months to a year.

Chase and Cody are already feeding it and wanting to take care of it. We are not allowed to have live stock animals at our house, so we are keeping it at a good friends house and she is helping take care of it for us also.
After all this excitement we had Peyton's birthday party to go to in the late afternoon. We stayed at the Green's house until 8pm.
Like I said, we were very busy all of this in just one day...but it all totally Makes My Monday. I love having a lot of things to do!
============================================
I didn't do a very good job this weekend at taking pictures of the boys and I ... (I am very upset with myself that I didn't)...
But I had this one for a couple of weekes ago...
Cody and I

7 comments:

Heather said...

I love these pictures! Looks like they had fun!

Amy said...

Wow! Your boys are getting so big!

So funny that you posted about your cows, I just contacted my parent's neighbor to let them know I'd be interested in 1/2 a cow this fall. :)

betty said...

I was wondering if the steer were going to be living at your house; wondered if that was why you flattened out the backyard,LOL. Cool that the boys are involved helping take care of them and they are able to be at a friend's house.

I think church carnivals are always so much fun; they seem to plan the best of games and usually it seems everyone is a winner of something or another :)

cotton candy, although messy, is incredibly low in calories :)

sounds like it was a fun weekend indeed!

betty

Krystyn @ Really, Are You Serious? said...

Goose and Maverick...that's hilarious!

And, sure looks like they enjoyed the carnival.

Annie said...

Looks like a fun weekend.

Have a great week.

Unknown said...

What a fun day at the carnival! Love the cowboy hat and love Goose and Maverick!

Cheryl Lage said...

You did not name them Goose and Maverick! TOOOO funny! LOve the outdoorsiness and fun of your photos!

Thank you for your sweet pictures and for playing along with Makes My Monday!