Thursday, May 13, 2010

Vegetable Cars

Back in March, the letter of the week was V. Chase and Cody's teacher, Miss Sarah, thought of a cute way to incorporate vegetables into the cooking session on that Wednesday.
She gave everyone a piece of celery, some cream cheese, raisins, carrots cut into circles, and toothpicks. She had everyone assemble the cars. Chase and Cody had so much fun doing this. I guess the only part that they needed help doing was putting the toothpick through the celery.

Of course, they were able to eat it right after they made it and Chase and Cody said it tasted very good!

I think it's a very cute craft and wanted everyone to see it!

8 comments:

SouthernDogwoods said...

How adorable! I love these!

betty said...

that is cute! and so creative on the teacher's part too; so many lessons learned from making this delicious looking craft :)

betty

Elle Bee said...

What a great idea! Very cute. We always do ants-on-a-log. THis will be a welcome change! Can't wait to make a veggie car for Bug!

Annie said...

I like that!!!

Amanda said...

That's super cute!

Stephanie said...

What a fab idea! I think my kids might even eat their veggies if I let them play with them like that first:)

Jingle said...

love it!
creative and yummy post!
you Rock!

Suzi said...

Love those. Did the boys eat them?