Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Sleeping and Pee Pee

Chase and Cody for about a week now have been sleeping in their beds not on the floor like they have been for the past few months. Cody did fall off the bed last night but I put him back on and he stayed on the rest of the night. They have been doing well also about not waking up. Cody has caught a little nose bug thing that is going around and still sleeping through that. Very good boys!!

For the last few nights, before bath Chase has Pee Peed in the big potty!! He is all excited now to do it at night time. Maybe this is a small step in potty training. I was all excited for him and clapped and jumped up and down. I thought about giving a small piece of candy as a reward, but how do I reward Chase without upsetting Cody. Cody is starting to sit on the potty at least but pretends to pee and gets off the potty. So do I reward both? Any suggestions what the next step is for Chase? Do I push a little bit and put him in pull ups or too soon? Let me know some advice...

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yeah for potty training!!! When they show an interest, they are ready to start. Reward both the effort and the success, but make a bigger deal out of the actual act. I used Cheerios or a couple on M&M's. (ps-cheerios float and make good "target practice!) Might be better to have 2, then they can "compete", lol. Never used pull-ups, keeps it away from body. Justin tried underwear, but that didn't work either, so he went commando (no underwear or pants) for 3 days, and was 100% potty trained for pee, with no accidents on the floor!!!!! #2 took longer, so if he asked for a diaper, he got one. (he will kill me if he ever finds out I told on him on the web!). Good luck!!!

Rachael Schirano \\ Rachael Schirano Photography said...

way to go. that is awesome!

Cheryl Lage said...

Agree with Beth...don't diminish the "real" achievement by withholding reward OR by bestowing one un-earned. Positive reinforcement is VERY effective at this age and time...you can let Cody know you know he'll be doing it for real soon...he's doing a great job practicing, etc.

Better to start now getting them used to the fact that they won't alwys be doing and getting the same things at the same time...and that it's okay. :) (Think it's harder on us than them! Now when they get BIGGER? Get ready for them to play the "not fair" card ;) But life isn't always "fair," twins are at an advantage that they get to learn it early! ;)

Thanks for playing Way Back When-esday...can hardly wait to see your picture!

Harris Boys said...

I have NO advice...I haven't even started to attempt pp with my boys. I do like beth and cheryl's advice. I've heard the cheerios work great!