Today would have been my grandfather's 86th birthday. We lost him back in October but the pain is still very strong. Everyday I think of something that I want to tell him. Everyday when I look at my boys I remember that they will never know their great-grandfather the way that I remember him. But they do remember him in little ways.
The other day Chase, Cody and I were eating at Taco Bell and a gentleman that looked simular, same white/silver hair and size, to my papa walked in the door, I really didn't notice it, but the boys yelled out "There's Papa!" I quickly looked up and said "No, that is not Papa". The boys went on to eating but it got me thinking that they probably wonder what happened to him. I never did explain anything to them because I didn't think at 2 years old that they would understand.
So I just wanted to wish a Happy Birthday to you Papa. We miss you. I know that you are looking down on all of us and smiling.



3 comments:
happy birthday to your papa.
We miss him too. I didn't mean to make you cry but I knew that if you read it that you would b/c I was too. Love ya today and always. I am mustering up the courage to call Grandma. MUST NOT CRY!
I think of him often Monica. Happy Birthday, where ever you are!!! Tell your Grandma hi for me and I am thinking of her too.
Post a Comment