I decided that today was a baking day. I made a bunch of holiday treats and knew that the boys could help me. I made pumpkin bread, Black bottom cupcakes, German Chocolate Coconut bars, and chocolate chip cookies. Everything turned out delicious, if I do say so myself. The boys thought that the chocolate chips were candy. And they ate a lot of them. They helped me stir and pour things into the bowls. Very fun!

They also keep me entertained by singing...a lot. If one is not singing, the other one is. Right now they are singing "Jingle Bells". Other songs get sung as well like ABC's and "Twinkle Twinkle Little Star". Which is a whole other post of the first performance. But anyways so while we were baking we were also singing. Very fun!
So since baking was so much fun and I had finished my official baking I brought out a gingerbread house kit. Okay I have never made a gingerbread house in my life so this was a new experience for me also. But I thought how hard could it be. Very hard. I guess I never could be a cake decorator.
It was much harder then I thought because I couldn't even get the frosting (if you call it that-sugar stuff that) the right consistency too stay on the house. After playing with it a while and adding water and powder sugar it stayed one long enough for Chase to get some candy on it, when he wasn't eating the candy himself. Cody liked it but liked playing cars much better so he went to play by himself as Chase finished. Chase had good time - but what a mess.


1 comment:
i think we are going to have a bake-a-thon this weekend! what are black bottom cupakes?!?!
Post a Comment