Monday, December 8, 2008

Weekend Update

On Thursday, we left for Las Vegas, NV. It was about a 5 hour drive for us and we went with 4 other couples. We stayed at the Golden Nugget Hotel and Casino downtown.
I had never stayed downtown before, and I loved it. Thursday night we started to drink, I am not a drinking type person, and probably haven't had a drunk night since before the boys were born. We ended up on the dance floor we danced the night away. It was so much fun. We had breakfast at about 2:30am and went to bed until about 11am.
On Friday, we went to Cowboy Christmas. This is a bunch of vendors all related to country stuff for the National Finals Rodeo that was in town. We go every year and this year was just as fun. We went to dinner at Binnon's Steakhouse on the 24th floor. What a fabulous view and great food.
We left early Saturday morning for our drive home. We had a great time. This was the first time I had left the boys for a consecutive 2 nights. It wasn't as bad as I thought it would be but we kept busy. The boys stayed with their grandparents and great-grandparents. They had just as much fun as we did.

4 comments:

Rachael Schirano \\ Rachael Schirano Photography said...

sounds like you had fun this weekend!

The Wilsons said...

What fun!!! Sounds like you had a great time and although I'm sure it was hard to leave the boys I bet you deserved a little you time!

Amy said...

I am glad you had such a wonderful time, bet it was nice to get away!

Harris Boys said...

wow, how nice you had family to watch the boys. I'm sure you guys needed and deserved the break :)

sounds like a really fun weekend!