Thursday, November 5, 2009

Christmas Agenda

Anne has me started on the right track with getting organized with my Christmas stuff! I didn't post last Thursday about my to do list and Anne had her computer go down on her, but she is back up and running (and didn't loose any of her pictures- yay!!)

So anyways, last week I needed to write down the people to buy gift for; book appointments for stuff like hair, nails; I am not hosting anything at my house this year; I cleaned and organized the kitchen and kids room. Well, not really but they are both as organized as I can have them until I want to spend more money on either one and don't want to do that right now :)

So the tasks for this week are:

1. Start searching for handicrafts that need to be done for Christmas (can include cookies)
- I have bought one project for the kids to do for presents (Handprint Santa)
- Cookies for neighbors (still need a date to do this, and the ingredients)
- Towels for gifts (still need the towels and material to do this)
- I am sure there are more gifts that I plan on doing and will continue to add to this list
-Finish calendar
- Buy the photo's and frames for pictures

2. Start getting your addresses ready for Christmas cards and selecting them.
- Took the family photo's for the Christmas card this last weekend.
- Will order Christmas cards in a couple of weeks

3. Start buying materials that you need to wrap gifts when you go to the store or the mall (like tape, gift wrapping paper, gift tags)
-I have started buy gifts everytime I go somewhere and see something that I think someone will like.
-Still need to get the tape, gift paper...that stuff is just coming into the stores this week. I will start purchasing it.

4. Organize family room and closet (or walkways or hallways)
-My family room is as organized as I can have it right now. For Christmas I am asking Santa for a bookshelf for the boys books, that will help a lot and maybe a toy box and then that will help also. For now I think it is as good as it gets. We clean up nightly and put away toys. Anything that the boys haven't played with for a while I will go through and throw away after Christmas.
-My linen closets could use some help, but again I am asking for some organzation tools from santa for this. I need some photo boxes to help in the organization of old photo's. I think for now it is good!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I've started getting some ideas together. I can't believe it's time to start thinking about Christmas already, but it will be here before we know it.

Thanks for the reminder!

Annie said...

I don't know you but I'm feeling a great relief with all the cleaning and organization. I think at my house we are almost done, just one or maybe two weeks and everything is done.

I'm so glad you decided to do this with me. How you feel with this?

betty said...

you are soooo organized, Monica! all great planning you've been doing and buying too!! you are in an inspiration for sure!

betty

Mrs. B said...

that's great! i wish i had HALF of your organization skills!