Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Way Back When-sday

This weekend we will be going to the annual Destruction Derby.

What do don't know what a Destruction Derby is? It's a Crush-up car race. You take a old car and put mud in an arena and let the car go at it slamming into each other, who ever is the last car moving is the winner. We do this through his work. It is a industry event that is state wide.

Looking back through the years at the cars that Steve has drove....
last years car
'05 car
'04 car - our first year. Not knowing what to expect...
These cars do not look like this after the race is over. They are pretty smashed up and not even drivable!
We will have fun this weekend!! If I don't blog after this you know why...
Have a great weekend!!

6 comments:

Annie said...

For me those kind of events are great. When I was a kid went to something like that and had lots of fun.

betty said...

I always enjoy destruction derbies, LOL. too fun to guess which car will be the last one "alive". and you are right, the cars are pretty much smashed up at the end of it

loved the pictures from the previous years' events; have fun this weekend!

betty

Cheryl Lage said...

Are they crazy loud, the derbies? Look like a lot of pending fun, but oooof! The noise I am imagining! :)

What a blast---thank you so much for playing along with Way Back When-esday!

Michelle said...

That's so cool! I've never been, but you've inspired me to maybe go!

Crochet Bug said...

I remember last year when you made a post about this! I would love to do this! It sounds like so much fun!

debi9kids said...

OH! That is SO cool! The cars are awesome! It must be such fun to watch :)