I have to report that Cody pee peed in the toilet this morning for the first time!! I was so excited. He has been in underwear (during the day) since Monday but never have made it to the toilet. Last night after school every 15 minutes I would ask him to go sit on the potty. He never do go and I think just waited until he had on his pull up for night time to go.
But this morning, he went to the bathroom, all by himself, and then peed. He then said "Mommy, I pee peed." I said "You did? Where?" Cody said "Right there in the toilet, I get a piece of candy now right? and a sticker and a toy." I said "Yes you get it all" but first we had to change his shorts because he had his shorts down and yes some made it into the toilet but some also went onto the front of the toilet. I am differently not complaining this is a huge accomplishment!!
I think Cody is a little shy when it comes to this and this is why he won't pee (I guess pee shy). If he is pee shy now at (almost) 3, what will it be like in high school or adulthood? I hope he can get over it and we are on the way to potty training success!
(This is normally where I would post a cute picture of sweet Cody, but my camera card is not with me and I wanted to post this so I wouldn't forget)
1 month ago


7 comments:
Yay Cody! You are going to be soooo happy when he is totally out of diapers. He will be too. Congrats and keep up the good work.
YIPPEE! That is just awesome! What a good boy!
Well done Cody!
Yea Cody!!! he may be shy now, but an exhibitionist in the making, lol.
Yay Cody! Way to go! Good work to you too, Monica!
WAY TO GO, CODY! Yay! So happy for you both!
WooHoo!...Way to go Cody!
Have a beautiful day.
Yippee...way to go Cody! I hope you meet with continued success in the peepee department!
Post a Comment