Friday, June 26, 2009

Friday Fun!

For today's fun Grandma and I took Chase and Cody at UCSD Birch Aquarium in La Jolla.


We also met a Chase and Cody's friend from school, Alissa and her mom Lori.
Sitting in front of the Aquarium at the big water fountain.
We started off looking at all kinds of fish. And they kept looking back at us also! Cody stared at this fish for a while.
Of course, we had to see a Dori looking fish, the kids really thought this was funny!
Chase was holding a lobster (it's not real!)
Looking happy and very well behaved!
We had a lot of fun in the educational section of the Birch Aquarium also. There is a lot of buttons to do and a lot of room for three 3 years old to run around and act silly. We even saw some sharks that again was staring at Cody and Chase. They would swim really close to their heads, they enjoyed that! We even had lunch in the courtyard.
We left from the aquarium and also departed from Alissa and her mom and we went to see if we could find some famous seals. I had never been to the La Jolla Cove or the Children's pool to see seals and I wanted to check it out. We found a parking spot very close for two tired boys to look over the railing to see a few seals out on a rock in the pacific ocean minding there own business. There were a lot of birds also on this rock. But there were no seals inside the children pool area for us to look at.
Still, the boys had fun looking at the water and the people in the water. The weather was beautiful also, not really sunny but not cold and that is good for me at the ocean!
Once we were back in the car, the boys were asleep in about 10 minutes for the hour ride home. All in all it was a lovely day and we all had fun!

4 comments:

SouthernDogwoods said...

Wow! It looks like you all had a great time! Great pictures!

Debbie said...

Looks like a blast!
Dropped by from SITS.

Sugar Boogers & Tantrums said...

Going to the Aquarium is my favorite thing to do with the kids. Hopefully we can do that this summer. I know the boys had a great time!

betty said...

I didn't realize you lived in So. Calif. I love La Jolla! I haven't been to the aquarium in years but it was a favorite place for us to visit when the kids were little; I always enjoyed the jelly fish exhibit

La Jolla Cove was a great place for me to go to the beach when I was single and would sun bathe; it was always so pretty there

looks like you guys had a wonderful time!

betty