Friday, February 5, 2010

Getting to know ... Chase

I wanted to document a few things on both of the boys before I forget. I haven't done a complete update for a long time so here it goes.

Chase - 3 1/2 years old
Nickname: Chasers

Right now Chase wants to do everything for himself, but also wants to do everything anyone else is doing. He has to ask Cody what are you going to eat, before Chase can decide what he is going to eat. And then normally eats (or does) what Cody does. Chase has more of an attitude, and that gets him in trouble and in time out a few times a day. He cries on a whim and likes to tattle tale on everyone, but is slowing growing out of this and it's not happening as much these days. He likes things to happen his way and if it doesn't will throw a fit.

Chase favorite color right now is black. He has a few black t-shirts and those are his favorite shirts and really the only shirts that he wears. He doesn't like to wear sweats or any type of comfy pants, always jeans. He prefers flip flops to any other shoes. He is wearing size 3T in pants, 4T in shirts (which are a little big on him) and a 10 shoe. When we style his hair he likes the front of his hair to stick up a little and will make sure that I have it sticking up before he leaves the bathroom.

Chase loves to do artwork and crafts. From painting to coloring he will sit and do it all, as long as someone else is sitting with him. His teacher, Ms. Sarah, tells me that he is the best in his class with scissors and cutting straight lines with them. He will sit and read a book or play with motorcycle toys. He loves playing board games and would play one everyday if there was time. Mickey Mouse is his favorite thing on TV right now. He also likes the new show Chuggington on Disney. If he had to choose between Cars, Spiderman or Mickey Mouse for a themed something for a boy his choice would be Spiderman, but he has never seen this movie or anything about what (or who) Spiderman is.


He eats good with his favorite meal being BBQ Chicken and wild rice. His others favorite foods are vanilla pudding, candy (but he doesn't get much of that), taco's and green beans. He would, if I let him, have a baby root beer everyday. He drinks juice out of a sippy cup, but also likes strawberry milk and Gatorade with dinner. He still has two baby blankies that he carries around and sleeps with. He sleeps in his own bed most of the night going to bed around 8pm and waking up around 6am. He then comes into our bed and wants to "cuddle for a couple of minutes" before we get up. He likes to sit on two pillows while cuddling with dad before bed.

I hope that I will always remember what Chase is like at 3 1/2 years old. He is overall a great son and a thrill to be around!

2 comments:

betty said...

he sounds like a fine young man Monica. I love his nickname. I'm glad you did it; good for us to get to know him better and for you to remember this season of his life; good thing to do because you think you'll remember things but we don't.....

looking forward to reading about Cody when you do his

betty

Amy said...

I am so glad you did this. I miss you guys. He is growing up.