Thursday, February 18, 2010

Writer's Workshop


Today in the Writer's Workshop, one the the prompts is:
3.) Open your picture folders…find a random “February” picture from a past year and tell a story.
I knew that I could do this because every picture has a story to go with it!
I found these jeeping picture stuck way back on a faub thingy and they were taken February, 2005. This is our yellow jeep, it used to be black, but sometime before this we painted it yellow, my husband's favorite color. When we go to the desert this is the kind of trails we try (we call then goat trails) and con cour with our jeep. Before the boys were born, I rode in there with him and absolutely loved it! In these pictures, if the tires had gone down into the hole that the jeep is straddling it would have "tipped over". It happens a lot in jeeping, but it didn't this time and we made it out from another goat trail!

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Now, if it were me and my car was in that sort of position, I'd be freaking out. But then again, I highly doubt either my Mazda or my Saturn will be visiting deserts anytime soon :)

Happy Thursday!

Cajoh said...

Stopping by from Mama Kat's…

I hear it takes a lot of skill to drive off road. Must have been a lot of fun to do. I must have gotten my car stuck in the snow way too often and would not know where to begin if my car was stuck like that.

Thanks for sharing,

betty said...

wow! I can't imagine that the jeep got out of the goat trail looking at this picture. I was imagining the story would be about the efforts to pull it out. looks like fun though; maybe soon you'll be able to go on the trails again as the boys get older :)

betty

Annie said...

I think if was me definitely I finish my day at the cardiologist unit with a heart attack.

Amy said...

So fun. Miss the desert but I guess it just wasn't meant to be.

Debra Owen said...

That looks incredibly treacherous! Wow!

debi9kids said...

HOLY COW! No wonder your boys are such experts on their little 4 wheelers! WOW!

Looks like fun :)

Daniel and Shannon said...

Oh the good ol days...

Krystyn @ Really, Are You Serious? said...

Holy cow. That's amazing.

I think I would have preferred it on the solid ground.