Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Way Back When-sday / Say What Wednesday

We had so much fun with that pool of balls when the boys were about 10 months old. They would play in it for hours. Then we would throw the balls and the balls would be all over the house.
Cody giving me two balls. Playing along with Way Back Wednesday with Cheryl at
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Lately, it's been like pulling teeth to get the boys to clean up their toy messes. But this conversation didn't go the way I wanted it to...
Me: If you don't start picking up your toys now, the ones I pick up I am going to throw away.
Cody: Okay, mom, after I get done playing with this.
Me: No, I mean now. Okay I am going to throw this and this away, because you are not helping pick up toys.
Chase: Can you just throw them all away, then there wouldn't be any toys for me to pick up.
Chase then proceeds to start throwing away toys...

Playing along with Say What?! Wednesday with Missy:

5 comments:

SouthernDogwoods said...

Ha! I have tried the very same thing and my girls were happy to hear that I was going to throw their toys away - they thought they would just get new ones! Sigh!
Thanks for playing along! You made me smile! Love that sweet photo!

betty said...

LOL about the toy throwing away conversation, seems like it did, indeed, backfire on you.

cute picture of Cody with those plastic balls. They are fun to play with aren't they?

betty

BonBon Rose Girls Kristin said...

OMG, putting the balls in a pool...Why have I never thought of that? Brilliant!

Beth said...

LMAO!!! that kid is a genius. I used to bag up my kids toys in black trash bags, even the favorites, and store them in the garage. Give em a week and they'll be beggin to get them back. Then I made them earn them by cleaning up.

Unknown said...

What is it about a ball pit that delights the little ones so? Makes for big smiles and ADORABLE pictures!

Thanks so much for playing along!