I haven't played along in a while with Carrie at
Candid Carrie for ...

And playing along for the first time at
On Monday, the boys and I went to visit my grandma. We were inside talking and the boys were outside, I thought playing with some tools... but instead they were getting muddy. It was a warmer day here, and not too cold, so I just let them get muddy.

I had feared some type of dirtiness would come out of going to grandma's, so I had extra clothes on hand for them, just forgot the shoes. So I had them take off their shoes and socks, by then they were so muddy, that they socks were thrown away, and I gave the shoes a bath. The boys continued on splashing in the mud.

Cody really liked the mud and splashing and running his fingers through it, making mud pies for everyone. He played in the mud a long time. He finally ended up taking off his pants and running around in just his underwear for about 5 minutes, until he had just about enough mud and I gave him a rinse off int he garage sink. Thank goodness, they didn't get it into their hair!

Chase on the other hand, got muddy but didn't like being wet. Said the mud and water were cold and he wanted to change and get cleaned up. He liked it at first but liked being clean also. They both were so happy that they were able to get dirty and muddy without me being upset about it. Boys will be boys and I figured one morning fun it's not going to hurt them.
7 comments:
That is MY kind of playing!!! I love love hands on, down and dirty playing with kids.
GREAT pictures! I love that you just let them play and took pictures instead of getting wound up about the clean up that was coming. Kudos to you!!
Boys and their fascination with mud. Cute, but so messy.
Glad to see you joined PSF- today was my first time doing it as well, and I love it!
Playing with mud is a great way to entertainment.
Happy Friday!!!
you are a great mom!! most (me) would be stressing out with them getting dirty but you came prepared just in case and let them have a good time playing in the mud! WTG mom!!
cute pictures too :)
betty
Way to go, letting them play in the mud! You just gotta do that sometimes!
Wow...what a fun time, and a fun mom you are for letting them do their thing!
I love how you captured their excitement and movement in still shots. Those are great!
Post a Comment