Monday, September 14, 2009

Muffin Tin Monday, Magic Marker Monday

I was so excited to see the theme for Muffin Tin Monday - Apples. I looked up ideas and put a bunch of thought into this. Here is the finished product.



Clockwise: Applesauce, dried apples, sliced red apples, Carmel, peanut butter, chocolate sprinkles, sliced apples, and in the middle grilled cheese, apple sandwich.


Here are the boys eating some of their lunch. The sandwich was good, but they didn't touch it. Cody really liked the apples dipped in peanut butter with the sprinkles. Chase liked the applesauce. They didn't eat much of it actually because we ate outside and their were too many distractions for them not to eat. Oh well, it was fun thinking and making it!

Can't wait for another theme next week. I really like this idea, it gives me a chance to think of new foods to present to Chase and Cody and it is fun. You should play along also! Click the cute box to do that!


========================================

I also wanted to do a craft that would go along with the apple idea, on my favorite craft blog, No Time for Flash Cards, I found the cutest apple tree that Chase and Cody put together.
Cody and Chase painting the tree top green.

Chase's Apple Tree

Cody's Apple Tree


I love sharing the boys craft and artwork project's. It will let me look back on them when they are older to see what wonderful artist they are! Play along also at:

17 comments:

Moore Minutes said...

The apple trees are super cute. :) And that lunch looks good and hearty!

Be Brave, Keep Going said...

wow! you did a lot today!

love that you put everything in a pie plate! I will have to do that with mine!

Michelle said...

Cute muffin tin and I love your craft too! I might do that with Emily after her nap :0)

Bran said...

I bet the apple grilled cheese was really good, I always love cheese and apples together.

Anonymous said...

that apple grilled cheese sounds yummy. I wonder if my son would eat it. Have a great day!

It's June ;)

betty said...

yum to the lunch! do you guys go to Julian for apple days? its almost that time of year :)

I can see how being outside would be a distraction to eating; too bad it doesn't work on me though :)

cute apple tree art project too!

betty

Anonymous said...

Love the extra ideas with your MTM!

Susana said...

Your craft is super--love the apple tree!

I like how you arranged your individual liners in the round tin too!

Christina said...

I love it when I see crafts to go along with the MTM theme! I'm so excited to start doing that soon!

Sherry said...

I love when we get to "picnic" outside, but mine has too many distractions too and doesn't wanna eat much! But looks like a GREAT muffin tin!!!

MamaGames - Alexa C. said...

Isn't it fun to eat outside? Even if you get a little distracted from the business of eating! :)

Mira is triplet crown said...

Wow, aren't you great! So much energy to make a theme lunch and craft project. And I'm glad I'm not the only one feeding my kids sugar on this planet. I can't wait until mine can dip and eat food. Will make things fun hopefully...

debi9kids said...

LOVE those apple trees! (I might have to do that one with Emma and maybe, Will)
Lunch looked YUMMY!

cat said...

Great trees guys!

Chasing the Goose said...

What a great idea. I love the sprinkles and my son would too. What cute boys you have they are lucky to have a creative mom.

mamammelloves said...

Mmmm... the apple grilled cheese sounds good. I'll have to try that sometime! :) Cute apple trees!

Childlife said...

The apple trees are amazing! What a fun idea for a craft -- looks like they had fun with it too ;)

~Michelle @ 5MFSN