Cody's Potty Training Update
*I am up to my ears in poop here people.
He does not get it that it goes in the toilet. He will tell you where it goes, but then he continue to go in his underwear. He only poops at home in his underwear. He doesn't go poop anywhere else, well I take that back he has gone in his underwear at grandma's also. But never in the toilet.
*I have heard that they do it on their own time, but now it's my time.
*He goes every night just about the same time, at a time right after dinner, when I am not paying much attention to him as I am cleaning up the kitchen from dinner.
*On Monday I set my timer for 6:30 around the time he normally goes and no he went early at 5:30pm.
*On Tuesday again, I talk to him every few minutes "Let's go Potty." just to remind him about the whole process. I took him also a few times and he never went last night at all.
*So we will see what happens tonight.
To be updated...
6 days ago


6 comments:
I feel for ya. I don't look forward to potty training my twins. It was stressful enough with my daughter. I like how you said "but now it's my time". So true!
I'm sure you've thought of this, but have you tried not changing his poopy underwear right away? Making him sit around uncomfortably in it?
Elle
the sitting around in the poopy underwear/diaper did nothing for my son; he was content to do so until I got to the point I couldn't stand the smell any more
I feel for you....Cody will get it though
my advice, back off a bit. he might be picking up your "stress" of wanting him to do this and he's reacting to it in his own way.
or, you can always bribe him :)
betty
Oh I hear ya. And I also can sympathize. Abby just turned 3, and she's got the pooping in the potty down pat..however..she still will pee in her panties ...just a bit..because she doesn't want to stop playing..yesterday 4 pairs of panties and pants..ughh.
And don't get me started on Joey , who at 9 is still not toilet trained..yes he has special needs..but i believe he is capable of learning..i just can't figure how ..yet.
(((hugs to you Monica))) it is so frustrating; seems like you are trying to do the right things to get him motivated but he just isn't quite ready, I fear, for taking this final step; thanks for updating me about it, with taking away toys, etc.
I would definitely back off and make it real matter of fact when you have to change his poopy pants. I wouldn't even engage in too much of a conversation with him while you are doing it. Obviously be polite, but just matter of fact; get the job done so to speak.
My son didn't get trained until 3-1/2 years old and I struggled with so much of what you are going through. It never helps too because there's always someone in your circle of friends that kid gets trained after they get to be 2 years old and us moms tend to compare our kids with other kids (or at least I did).
Anyway, I did it all to try to get him to be trained and it would work for a day or two but he just wasn't quite ready. But when he was ready, he trained himself in 1 day. And the motivating factor for him, which I didn't even make it a big deal, was that I wanted to volunteer at his sister's school. He could get free preschool there the day I volunteered but he had to be potty trained. I still wanted to volunteer so I found a sitter to watch him. He was a bit upset he couldn't go to school with the big kids. I told him matter of fact he could when he learned how to go potty in the toilet. And I went off to volunteer. The next day he literally said "no more diapers" and got himself to the bathroom more often than not; only had a few accidents. I did keep pull-ups on him at night until he was close to 5 years old; that took a bit to get him to get up in the middle of the night since he was a sound sleeper, but I was okay with that. 8/10 nights he was dry anyway, but I didn't want to deal with the wet bed routine in the middle of the night.
YOU ARE DOING GOOD!! Don't beat yourself up about this. And like my pediatrician's nurse said, "you don't see anyone in kindergarten with diapers" (unless of course special needs). Most kids get it; some just need a little extra time to get it.
hugs to you
it is windy here today
betty
Oh my gosh!!! I so know what you mean even though I am not as far as you are, at least he pees in the potty. Tatum sits on the potty and nothing. I am so stressed out with potty training, I just want to pull my hair out!!!
Stay strong mom!
Post a Comment