We hadn't carved a pumpkin before with Cody and Chase. The Halloween's in the past they have just wouldn't have been interested, but this year we did it.
I, of course, wanted the perfect pumpkin to be the first pumpkin that they carved. When we went to the pumpkin patch on Saturday I found it. It was perfect and very heavy!
Ready to help, after Steve and I cut the top open.
Cody was the first to put his hand in the gooo of the pumpkin...
This was his reaction, after that I don't think he did much more of scooping out the goo.
It took a few minutes before I encouraged Chase to put his hand into the pumpkin and tough the gooo. He didn't like it either but did help me a little more than Cody did...but not much!
After we got the pumpkin insides cleaned. Chase wanted triangle eyes. Cody wanted a circle nose. Chase wanted to have a smiley face and Cody wanted 5 teeth.
Here was the result.
Sitting by the pumpkin after we went outside with it!



4 comments:
Love their reaction to the pumpkin innards! Too cute!
I hate the goo too so I don't blame them!
I like the reaction of Chase, that picture is priceless.
Have a wonderful weekend and a Happy Halloween.
how cute! I like how they each got to contribute to what the pumpkin looked like when it got carved! it looks great too!! pumpkin goo is never easy to deal with is it??
one day they'll each want to do their own pumpkins :)
betty
Post a Comment