Monday, August 31, 2009

Makes My Monday

You know what Makes my Monday this week?

Living in a city that we can go to the beach, when it's going to be 110 degree's at your house. The weather was absolutely beautiful at the beach. We live about 45 minutes away from the beach but so worth the drive, but everything is 45 minutes away.

On Friday, I loaded my grandma, Chase, Cody and Tyler (my nephew) in the car and Steve grandparents, Grammy and Pop, met us at the beach. We had a lovely time!

My grandma and pop sitting and watching the boys play in the water and the sand.

Chase and Cody playing in the water.

Grammy pulling Chase on the boogie board.

Chase having fun in the water. The water was a little colder than I had hoped it would be. I wasn't able to go past my waist, and the boys really didn't spend much time in the water itself. Just a bunch of time playing with sand and sand castles.

We all had a great time, got everyone out of the house, the bay was not crowded at all, maybe 3 other families on this beach the whole time we were there.

On Sunday, we went to the Del mar Race Track with Steve's Mom and Dennis to see the horse's run. This was my first time in a couple of years. We had a good time. Chase and Cody watched about 3 races and picked a couple they thought would win, but didn't. We went down to the paddock area and watched the horse's there and also to the infield and played in the jumpy and the slide with Tyler and Christina. They had a good time and I was able to keep them occupied enough to enjoy myself also!


These memories Make my Monday!

Join in on the fun by clicking on the button!

5 comments:

Cheryl Lage said...

Looks like such a fun time was had by all! :)

Reflecting on occasions like that certainly does Make a Monday! Thanks so much for playing along, Monica!

Pollyanna said...

You had water fun this weekend too!

Looks like a good time.

110, huh? I'm don't think we broke 100 this year and today is only supposed to be 75 for a high. I think our water play days are over until next year.

Thanks for stopping by today.

Elle Bee said...

Those beach photographs looked so much more refreshing than a 110 degree house!! Well worth the 45 minute drive I say! :o)
Elle

betty said...

interesting with the hot weather that the water would be cold! looks like fun though; neat to see great-grandma out there in the water with Chase

I haven't been to Del Mar in years; that sounded like fun too!

seems like you had a great weekend! now if it would only cool down just a bit :)

betty

Annie said...

OMG,110 degrees that's very hot. So glad you decided to went to the beach. Great pictures and the kids had fun.