This week's assignments are up at Mama Kate's. They are some good writing prompts so I couldn't wait to play along. Click the button to be taken to her blog.

Today I am choosing to write about #5: Why is your kid in time out?

This child of mine, Chase, spends a good amount of time in time-out. He throws tantrums that always lands him in the chair or the corner. Really there isn't a designated chair or corner in our house, any will do. One of the many reasons that he ends up in time out is for not sharing. Really bad at this. Once he latches onto something, he will not let it go, so here comes the screaming and the crying and then the time-out. Chase also hits, so another thing that lands him in time-out. If he is not getting his way, the arm starts to swing and will hit anyone in his way. Just a few ways way Chase is in time-out.
15 comments:
sounds like my son Andrew. His tantrums alone lnd him in time out.
I feel your pain. Trevor is the one to sit in the time out chair. My husband has it in the lean to behind the garage. Very isolated. He is a bit too mouthy and physical.
Pismo is fun. It is a 3.5 hour drive for us. You should certainly check it out. Your family would have a great time.
At least he's cute right. So cute.
At least he doesn't mind sharing that cute smile of his.
Must be hard to put such an adorable smile into Time Out.
I know its hard to put him into time out, but it is teaching him; eventually he'll "get it" and hopefully reduce his time there :)
betty
ah yay, so much to look forward to! ;) He sure is cute though.
He is so cute! My best friend just had twin girls last week.
totally my son too. some days it seems like he is always sitting on that chair.
Ah, yes, lovely time out! Have you ever forgotten why they are in time-out? I do it all the time. I sometimes even have to ask them! Ugh! Great post!
Sounds like some pretty good reasons for time out to me!
Oh, tantrums. I feel for you. Doesn't it seem like it will never end when they are in that stage? So crazy : ) But trust me, it will end. And then there is a whole new world of problems waiting. He is so cute : )
That sounds familiar. Mister Man is so intense -- everything is sunshine and rainbows or dark and deep yuck. And when it turns, it turns quickly! We're mostly through the hitting stage, but the faces and growls are ummm still apparent. I'm hoping kindergarten with a firm teacher in a Catholic school will help make a difference. I will say that putting him on cod liver oil really made a huge difference with his self-regulation to date. That or just getting a bit more maturity in general ;) good luck with your timeouts!
Oh boy do we know that scene here too! Miss Em is quite the DIVA and steals EVERYTHING and shares nothing with Will. UGH!
Got to love them. Such a cutie he is.
Post a Comment