Monday, August 24, 2009

Makes My Monday

Chicapolooza: A party that I attended with some great girl friends, that included shopping, massages, manicures, drinking, eating and gossiping. What more could a chic want? What a great Saturday I had.

A couple of girlfrineds put together this wonderful party and we all brought our food and drinks to share. No guys allowed and no children allowed. I actaully had a few conversations without having to say wait I have to go and attend to this child. The drinking was very fun also! They had the backyard set up perfectly for fun and shade. We could decorate the ez ups if we wanted to. I sat in the Hawaiian themed Ez-up. It turned out very cute!
We all plan on doing this again next year.
Spending 24 hours with grandma, grandpa and cousin Tatum, Cody and Chase spent

about 2 1/2 hours on the couch like these pictures. Sleeping. Cody and Chase had so much fun as they always do at grandma and grandpa's that they didn't want to come home with me but they did!

They swam in the spa, played with squirt bottles and water, played diner with Tatum and served her food and water, they helped grandpa in the garage with his project, they were busy and had to sleep it off.
So having some time to myself and the boys have a great time, tottally Makes My Monday.
You know what else makes my Monday is that Steve came home last night from being gone since Tuesday.


Play along with Cheryl at:

9 comments:

Annie said...

Wow, it really looks like you had a wonderful time.

Have a nice week.

Thanks for your comment..

betty said...

what a very cute idea!! I can see how beneficial it would be to do something like this quarterly even! moms sometimes need the chance to get out and relax without kids! looks like all had a great time (especially your boys getting to spend time with grandparents)

glad husband is home too! that's a long time for him to be gone and you by yourself; I bet you were glad to see him!

betty

Dr.John said...

Everybody needs a time out and away from the kids. The kids need to spend time with the gran parents. Doesn't that all work out nicely. God bless extended families.

Nancy said...

Oh my - I'm incredibly jealous! LOL Sounds like a fantastic time :)

Happy Monday!

Elle Bee said...

Ah, now chicapalooza is making sense! How fun and what a wonderful idea. Glad you enjoyed.
Elle

Cheryl Lage said...

Omigosh, it sounds like a little such a great girl-centric time! (Those are always so rejuvenating!)

Thanks so much for playing along with Makes My Monday, Monica!

Unknown said...

That sounds awesome!! Oh what I'd give for a chance to really hang out with my girlfriends, uninterrupted and not on a time clock!! So glad you had such fun!

Sugar Boogers & Tantrums said...

Cool! Sounds like you had a great time. I'd love to have some time away with my girl friends right now. I miss that! Hope you had a great Monday!

debi9kids said...

Oh wow! Sounds like the perfect 24 hours for a mama who needs a little "me time"!
(I am having one of those in October and can.not.wait!)