Monday, December 14, 2009

Makes My Monday

We had a very relaxing weekend no stress and no hustling and bustling for the Christmas holiday's!


Friday we stayed at home and watched the rain come down. We stayed inside and played games. We continued to wrap presents. Have you tried wrapping a package with two - 3 year old trying to "help"? Yeah, that is fun in itself!


Saturday, we did venture out and pick out our Christmas tree!


Here is a sneak peek at our Christmas tree...I will have another post about the whole experience! Again, have you ever tried picking out a Christmas tree, while it is still slightly raining and in the last 24 hours have received at 1.5" of rain? Do you know that 3 year old's love to jump into mud puddles while picking out said Christmas tree?

After the great Christmas tree was bought and stowed away we went to help Steve mom's, to decorate her banister. She has been collecting Hallmark Ornaments since my husband was born and every year she buys an ornament for her two sons, her three grandsons and her two granddaughters. I think just by a quick counting we hung on her banister over 100 ornaments! It is a fun thing to do and even more fun in January when we take them down and try to find the correct corresponding boxes it goes into!!

Sunday it was tree decorating time! Do you know that Chase woke up at 6:30am and the first thing he wanted to know is if we could decorate the tree now. Well, not right this second son but soon in a few hours we can.

After only breaking 3 glass ornaments the whole time decorating we have a decorated tree!

We really did have a good weekend and looking forward to another great week!

5 comments:

mommytoalot said...

/Wow...what a huge tree, it's beautiful. I miss having a real tree. Love the pictures..and yes..i can imagine picking out a tree with 3 yr olds jumping in the puddles...lol..It's been raining non stop here as well.

betty said...

Monica, so glad it was only 3 bulbs and not more, LOL. Love their exuberance and willingness to help (let's hope it continues on through teenage years, LOL)

tree looks beautiful! all of you did a great job on it

I can't imagine the work that goes into your MIL's bannister. What a work of art (and love). Think she would allow you to take a picture of it? I'd love to see it. So many memories on there too I would imagine

we have music box collections and while I haven't put them out for the past several years, I know what you mean about trying to get them back in the right boxes. We finally numbered the boxes and numbered on the bottom of the music box and that really helped to match them up. Saved a lot of time (and frustration :)

(thanks for your kind words, so sorry you don't have your family around to share in the holidays and the joy of watching your boys grow)

betty

SouthernDogwoods said...

What a beautiful tree!!!!
And those little cuties make it that much more beautiful!

Krystyn @ Really, Are You Serious? said...

Oh, I can only imagine how messy and muddy and fun it was!

Annie said...

Your Christmas tree is beautiful. Your little helpers are very handsome.

Have a great week.