On Saturday night, was our 2nd year of going to the Del Mar Holiday of Lights. This is a huge display of Christmas lights on the infield of the horse racing track.

We got there around 7pm, and had to wait in about a 30 minute line. You stay in your car the entire time. The kids are able to get out of seat belts and ride in the front with dad and grandpa. Dad even let Chase and Cody "drive"!

The lights are spectacular to look at. The kids have so much fun. It's fun to go there since they love looking at lights.

There over 100 displays of lights, I think I read somewhere. Some of them animated like this one below.

The reindeer jumping over the Christmas tree.
Seeing Christmas lights and seeing the kids face as they point out Santa Clause and Rudolph Makes my Monday!
6 comments:
Aw! Looks like a fun place!
I'll have to remember this one for next year! sounds like a lot of fun!! the zoo where we lived in Montana did something similar around it, you just stayed in your car and drove through it; they gave you an accompanying CD (which you returned on your way out) with Christmas music and a narrative; that was fun too!
Merry Christmas; it is almost here!
betty
Oh Monica, I love this! We have a local botanical garden that does a festival of lights but we've yet to try it out...you've inspired us...we'll have to give it a try!
Thanks so much for playing along with Makes My Monday, and HAPPY HOLIDAYS!
It looks so pretty.
Have a great week.
Oh how fun! Those lights look fantastic!
Wish we had something fun like that here ...
How beautiful!!! I wish we had something like that here. We are just going to drive around to a few nearby neighborhoods. Hopefully we will find some beautiful displays!
Post a Comment