
The Prompts:
1.) Define goodness...joy...sorrow...and anger using pictures you've taken.
2.) Tomorrow I will do it differently. Here's how...
3.)Describe a 'sound' from your childhood. What was it? When did you hear it? What does it bring to mind?
4.) I remember when...
5.) Right now is the best time to start. What's your first step?
I remember when I was riding around on my grandfather's tractor on the property when I was about 6 or 7 years old. I would sit upon his lap and "help" him steer the tractor, move dirt or brush. One day, we were riding around on the tractor moving dirt by the garage. The edge of the bucket on the tractor hit the top of the garage and went through the wall. Now, my grandfather says to me " oh no, we just crashed, don't go in and tell grandma." Well that all it took for a 6 year old, that liked to tattle tail, to hop off the tractor and run as fast as I could into the house to tell my grandma that papa had crashed into the garage. She thought that he was hurt or it was a major crash. My grandma ran outside with me and obsessed the situation. Which was nothing that her 6 year old grandchild was describing to her. It ended up having about a 12"x1" whole in the side of the garage. No one was hurt or anything.
My grandfather still to the day that he died love to tell that story. He would get this huge grin on his face and show with his arms how I was running, so fast into the house. I remember this of my grandfather and it brings a smile to my face every time!


10 comments:
aww! You made me think of my grandpa, who always called me his 'onery buddy' ... come to think of it, that still fits! have a great day!
I had an experience similar to that with my grandpa, except it was with a Playboy magazine haha. Grandma thought it was hilarious, my mom was the one that freaked out! Imagine having your five year old daughter finding your 50 something year old dad's porn and your 50 something old mom laughing about it lol.
Those are wonderful tips. Love your story! Thanks for stopping by my blog!
What a sweet story!
My grand-dad story? My mother is British, and we were fortunate to live there for several years.
My grand-dad, an avid horse-racing fan, once took my friend and I with him when he went to the "bookies" to place his wager (very small, less than $5). My friend and I each put some pocket change on a horse, and ours won. We couldn't go back and tell our parents we'd won money gambling, so he had to take us on a quick shopping spree to get rid of our winnings.
Thanks for visiting my blog today!
Lisa
Hi Monica! I'm on facebook alot now. If you are on facebook I can add you. Have a great day!!
What a sweet memory! I have a lot of memories of riding with my grandfather (Pepaw)on his tractor with him. How wonderful grandfathers are!!!!
What a sweet memory. I think your grandfather may have set you up for that one, LOL!
Great story...I can just picture you running. Visiting from Mama Kat's!
A lovely memory.
Hey Monica,
I lost your email address. I just wanted you to know I sent out the Orla Kiely stuff yesterday to you. I have a tracking number if you want it just send me an email. Sorry about that!
Jessica
Just wanted to thank you so much for stopping by my blog! I'm getting ready to look at yours :)
Post a Comment