
Chase and his blankie have a special bond. They attached to each other around 14 months of age. Ever since blankie and Chase have been an item. Well over 4th of July weekend, we (meaning I) lost blankie somehow. Somewhere between car and bed it disappeared and yes I tore this house apart looking for blankie. Chase walked around calling out for blankie. Come Monday we borrowed Chase's school blankie (we keep one at school and one at home) and he was happy again, but me I was paranoid we were going to loose the one blankie that we had.
I jumped onto the Internet and on ebay found his blankie for $32.00, wow. Some people told me that they would have said it's time to break that blankie habit - but I spent the money and got the new and fluffier blankie in the mail. This picture was taken right after I handed him his new blankie. It hasn't left his side once since then.
Play along at Debi's blog or click the button above!
Don't even get me started on how close Cody is to his blankie. In just about every picture that is taken from 12 months forward at home has his blankie in it somehow. Even a school picture has his blankie in it. He is even more attached!


7 comments:
You do what you have to do. I would have as well. I am scared to let the girls give up the paci. It's my sanity some days. Hope everyone is feeling better.
what a cute story; they will "ditch" the blankets when they are ready; let them enjoy it as long as they want to no matter what anyone else might say; I can pretty much guarantee they won't be taking a blankie to kindergarten with them :)
years ago when my now 20-year-old was about 2-1/2 years old, we were on vacation and we accidentally left his blanket at a hotel. When I realized it, I called the hotel who assured me they would send it to me (never did). Thankfully he was a bit content to use another one I had; we still have that one here some place; I don't think he'll ever part with it although it is just in the closet.
hope all are doing well
betty
That is one happy boy! What a sweet story!
You're so lucky he was ok with a new one! I've heard horror stories of old ratty grey stinky blankies that can't be replaced due to the kid being attached to that one particularly. Good for you for buying the new one. I think you did the right thing. I think a lot of people are way too obsessed with kicking their kids' habits when they would naturally go away half the time.
A mother's love, we will do anything for them. Funny thing, I bet you find it eventually.....have you done a load of laundry that it could be static clinging to? like sheets? other blankets? I had a spare kitty for Justin, and we had to go back to a grocery store for Monkey for Calleigh once.
I have to admit, I would do the same and have :)
My son Henry STILL has his duck duck, 10 years after it was given to him and I have bought 3 of them on eBay. LOL
PS that is the cutest picture ever! REAL LOVE :)
Thanks so much for playing along !
Aww...sweet boy with his blankie. My Zach is still attached to his, but it now stays in the bed (shh...don't tell him I told you)
Post a Comment