
Mama Kate has a writer's workshop going on today and I am going to play along with a couple of the assignments.
The first assignment #3 .) Tell us about Grandpa.(inspired by Heather at The Extraordinary Ordinary)
I lost my grandpa in October. He was a wonderful man and I miss him everyday. When the boys and I do things like feed the ducks at a local lake, it reminds me of him and how much he loved life and what life had to offer. He had a wonderful life with a beautiful wife and 3 children, 8 grandchildren and 12 great-grandchildren. He had a way that he would befriend anyone, everyone was his friend and he would stop to talk to anyone, especially children. Toddlers in the grocery shopping cart was his favorite people to talk to he would always ask them about their shoes and he could always get them to talk. I miss him everyday as do many people.
#4 Which appliance in your home would you most miss living without if you had to live without.(inspired by Amy at Escape Into My Thoughts)

My Crockpot - Oh my gosh. I use this at least 3 -4 times a week for dinner. I love that our dinner is completely finished when I walk in the door from work. I wouldn't know what to do without it. I think my family would just starve! I don't have a fancy one with the digital clock on it. Mine was a wedding gift it has a little turning knobby. I put it on a timer so my food doesn't over cook. Oh I love it! The meat comes out so good and tasty and the vegetables are delicious.
I have done my assignment for the week have you? Go over by clicking the top button and browse through the options and see what you come up with.


5 comments:
Your grandpa sounds like he was such a sweet man!! Whenever I'm approached by elderly people when I'm out with the kids, I can't help but smile as I watch them enjoy talking to my kids.
Love my crockpot too!! Esp during the summer when I hate turning on the oven!!
ohhhh I love me some crock pot cooking too!!!!
I really need to start using my crock pot. Do you have any recipes your family especially loves? I'd love some ideas!
Aww...such a sweet story about your grandpa. I miss both of my grandpa's too. They were so awesome.
I hear you on the crock pot. I couldn't live without mine either. I want to play writer's workshop next week. I just forget all the time b/c I've been so busy.
Have a great day!!
I need to use my crockpot...I just hate to cook. So, in that I really mean, my husband needs to use the crockpot more...
Post a Comment